It is a tough time to be shopping for a rifle these days. Fear has sent everyone into a panic and rifles and handguns of all kinds are tough to come by. I'm still holding fast that in a few months everything will be business as usual, and I saw a pretty good deal mentioned at the Armory Blog. Shadow Ops is offering a custom laser etched AR15 lower for a $150 that is also CA legal! The downside is that you'll have to wait about six months before receiving your lower. They are under the mindset that if a worst case scenario bans all ARs they'll still have time to get them completed before the ban goes into effect. Here are the official rules from their site:
1) If you want your money back and want to back out at anytime, you will be allowed a FULL 100% REFUND without any penalty. If you back out though, you can't come back in.
2) First ordered, first received. If you ordered first you receive your order first.
3) If we can't make it in time, then you get a full refund of your purchase price.
4) We will not ask for your custom EPS logo until your generic lower has been made. The lower can be laser engraved on both sides. DO NOT SEND US YOUR LOGO UNTIL WE ASK FOR IT !!! You will receive detailed instructions on how we need to have your logo sent to us with very specific requirements.
5) DO NOT HAVE A COPY OF THE FFL SENT TO US UNTIL WE CONTACT YOU AFTER WE HAVE MADE YOUR LOWER.
6) YOU NEED TO HAVE ABSOLUTELY AMAZING PATIENCE WITH US. We will be absolutely overwhelmed with responding to this offer.
7) DELIVERY TIME JUNE 30, 2013 or before
I like the idea of custom etching a bad ass My Name Is Foxtrot lower, and engraving on both sides is pretty nifty. Anyone gonna pick one up?